Friday, June 29, 2007

Here is something of a new concept for me. I beleive that my responsability as a parent is to encourage my children to reach for the stars. No matter what it is they dream for their future I will be the support that helps them to get to their goal. In a newsletter they posted this :

"The first trait we need to develop in our children is not to let the feeling of awe overcome them even when confronted with a person of exceptional stature. They should fully understand that all men, be he the President of USA or the Chief Justice of India , have feet of clay. What one person have achieved can not only be equalled but also bettered by them. The only thing they have to learn is to be able to draw a line between disrespect and being at ease in the presence of elders or authority-figures. They would do well to respect authority but not fear it. There are rules, as in any game, to be observed in the arena of life. Let the children learn to play the game well."

I agree if they they believe in the power they hold within them their are no limits to what they can achieve.

No comments: